Reviews » Sprint PCS cell phone plans
Sprint PCS is the wireless brand of Sprint Nextel Corporation, with aprox. 52 million cellular subscribers in the United States. The company is based in Overland Park, KS and is the result of the 2005 merger between Sprint Corporation and Nextel Communications. Today the wireless products from the resulting company are marketed under the brand Sprint PCS.
Sprint Nextel is a large telecom company with large stakes of the US market in Internet access, long distance service and wireless broadband service.
Technology and coverage
Sprint PCS technology is CDMA. Here's a detailed Sprint coverage map.
$99/month plan including all the services (unlimited calling with no roaming charges, web surfing, email, GPS, music, Group Connect, and more).
Formerly offered by Nextel, this is a service that allows fast connecting between subscribers within the same Push to talk network.
Not all phone models are available with the CDMA band used by Sprint PCS.
Current Sprint PCS plans
Unless stated otherwise, Sprint PCS plans feature: unlimited calls to other Sprint Nextel subscribers, unlimited Night&Weekend minutes (starting at 7pm), no extra charges for long distance/roaming, 20 ¢/min call forwarding, $1.79/call for Directory Assistance.
By paying $5/month extra you can have your Nights&Weekends start at 6pm.
- Nextel Direct Connect® ($29.99) - No anytime minutes included, unlimited Direct Connect®, unlimited text, picture and video messaging, Nights&Weekends start at 9pm, anytime minutes are 40¢/min
- Basic ($29.99) - 200 anytime minutes, Nights&Weekends start at 9pm (add $5 or $10 for 7pm or 6pm respectively), no unlimited in network calls
- Talk ($39.99/$59.99) - 450/900 anytime minutes , additional airtime is 45¢/40¢ per minute
- Everything Messaging ($49.99/$69.99) - everything in the Talk plan above plus unlimited Direct Connect®, unlimited text, picture and video messages to any network
- Everything Data ($69.99/$89.99) - all features in the Everything Messaging plan above plus unlimited data transfer (web, email, TV, GPS and more)
- Simply Everything ($99.99) - everything in the previous plan plus unlimited anytime minutes
The Family plans are very similar to the Individual ones. The Basic plan is not available here. 2 lines are included with each Family plan (up to 5 can be added at $9.99/month per line unless otherwise stated). Nights&Weekends starting at 6pm can be added for $10/month.
- Talk Family ($69.99) - 700 anytime minutes, additional airtime is 45¢ per minute
- Everything Messaging Family ($99.99/$149.99) - 1500/3000 anytime minutes, unlimited text, picture and video messages to any network, additional airtime is 40¢/25¢ per minute
- Everything Data Family ($129.99/$169.99) - all features in the Everything Messaging plan above plus unlimited data transfer (web, email, TV, GPS and more), additional lines cost $19.99/month per line
- Simply Everything Family ($189.98) - everything in the previous plan plus unlimited anytime minutes and unlimited Direct Connect®, additional lines cost $89.99/month per line
Data plans cost $9.99 less if added to a voice plan.
- Mobile Broadband Connection 3G ($59.99) - 5GB/month (300 mb when roaming nationally), additional usage costs 5¢/mb and is limited to 300 mb while roaming
- Mobile Broadband Connection 3G/4G ($69.99) - same as above, unlimited usage when using Sprint's 4G network